Interview with Andrej “AK-47” Kedves
On April 8 in Dubrovnik, Andrej Kedves vs. Juri Makalov!
- You career so far has been very successful. Only 1 loss total and in fights for W5 you are 4-0. Do you think it is time you get a shot at a title?
Yes, I have one defeat in professional fights, 4-0 record in W5 fights and I hope it will remain like this. With good fight and win in this match I think I will deserve a shot at the W5 title, which would be a great honor and big step in my career.
- What do you think Juri’s strengths are as a fighter and how are you preparing to counter this?
I think of Juri as a tough and dangerous fighter. His advantage is his great experience in all kinds of combat sports and various fighting styles. I plan to fight against this by using my strengths and his weaknesses. I created a good strategy with my coach Danijel Šimundić. Since we were specially preparing for this match, I will be ready and nothing should surprise me.
- What is the strongest part of your fighting style?
The best part of my fighting style is that I am always 100% ready and I keep good tempo through the whole fight. I also think that my kicks and knees are my strength, which you can see in my previous fights. I always try to use this in my fights as best as I can.
- You will be the crowd favorite in this fight. Do you think this gives you an advantage psychologically?
Yes, the crowd will be on my side due to the fact that I fight in my own country, but I don’t consider that as some kind of psychological advantage. When the fight starts I focus on my opponent and I don’t pay attention to what's going on outside of the ring. But I would be glad if there would be a large audience.
- What should Juri look out for?
Juri should watch out, because I will be ready to use all my weapons.
- What do you like to do on your off days?
I use my free days to have a rest and recover from my exhausting trainings so I could get through my next phase of preparations as best as I can. I like to spend that time with my family, friends and girlfriend, go on trips, go to the cinema and as every fighter on his free days I like to eat something that I like such as chocolate and ice cream.
- What message would you like to give to your fans?
I'd like to thank my fans for supporting me. I would like to tell them to follow me and watch my next fight in Dubrovnik, on April 8th’s W5 "The Undefeated" event because I will surely put up a great fight and put on a good show.
- What message would you like to give to Juri?
I would say to Juri to be maximally prepared, beacuse AK-47 will be and he will give you his best.